Friday, September 24, 2010

Sewing

My latest project:
You are probably wondering what on earth it is.  It's not a hot pad gone wonky.  It's a travel baby seat!  (I got the pattern here for anyone who would like it.)  As Noelle isn't sitting by herself yet I used our trusty stand-in, teddy bear, to model for us.  
I remembered seeing this a while ago after we were talking about what things we'd want to bring home for Christmas.  Easy and light substitute for a high chair when traveling.

I've had this cute elephant fabric lying around trying to figure out what to do with it.  It was a buck or two at a sample sale at work back in the day, it used to be a crib skirt.  I got it before I was expecting Noelle, and it did start some rumors :)  I didn't think anything of it, just thought the fabric was cute and then I start getting questioned by my co-workers.
Plus I got to try out my new friend!  Bernina foot #29.  It was fun trying to stipple.  Don't look too closely my lines are all wonky.  
I'm going to try and find a few more projects to practice on and if I get better at it I'm going to  attempt quilting Noelle's blanket (once I finish piecing it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!