Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Dress

I decided to make Noelle a little dress.  Brown seemed like a good color for fall and we had a few old t-shirts no longer in use.  Perfect!
It's not perfect.  I'm adding some little pleats to it as it's a little big around the neck.  


But it's cute.  Never mind the fact that we could wrap Noelle in a dish rag and she would still be cute.
Aren' I cuuute? 


I am nearly done with a little pair of brown bloomers to match the dress.


Unrelated fact.  Noelle's new favorite thing to do when she doesn't want to sleep and is stuck in her crib:  bang her feet on the mattress.  Imagine the sound you hear when a kid is jumping on their bed--it's like that.

3 comments:

  1. (This is Lesa's sister)

    Very cute dress. Love the idea! I found a pattern for baby tights that would be really cute with it as well, if you are interested. http://www.made-by-rae.com/2010/03/free-baby-tights-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! For the main part of the dress I used this pattern: http://www.dana-made-it.com/2010/06/and-warhol-dress-pattern-is-back-new.html , but I decided to add sleeves. Oh, those are cute, I'll have to try making a few pairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just on that site the other day and saw the same dress pattern. I like yours with sleeves better.

    I was actually looking for baby leg warmer patterns when I visited it. I thought they would be fun to make for Lesa's baby.

    Here is a leg warmer pattern that I want to try. If you make any for your baby, let me know if the pattern is any good. I don't have a baby to try these out on.
    http://everythingyourmamamade.com/2008/01/21/make-your-own-baby-leg-warmers/

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!