Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gardening

Here is a quick look at the start of our garden.  It was lucky that our house already had a grow box so it was much less work to get it started.  I'm watering daily due to the fact that by afternoon my plants look so wilted that there's no hope for survival if I left them for another minute without water.  Next time I will plan out my rows better, right now they are short rows and the water has to go in a funny path to get everything.  
We have two tomato plants, 4 bell peppers, half a row of lettuce and a row of spinach.  Next week I'm going to plant more spinach.  Something has been munching on my bell pepper leaves.  There are ants around but I haven't seen any on the actual plants.  There are lizards about, but I don't know that they eat leaves... maybe it's grasshoppers.  I will be investigating.


I also planted basil in a little side box next to the garden.  Look!  It's coming up already.  I'm not a total failure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!