Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mobile

Yesterday I decided that Noelle needed a mobile.  I had been wanting one for a while, ideally something really cute and free.  So I made one.  


I got some string and made clouds (by dipping it in paper mache glue--aka water and flour).  Once dry I covered the string clouds with tissue paper.  I tried making designs in the tissue paper, but you can only really see them when there is light shining through the clouds (if you look really close the cloud closest to the camera has a little smiley face in it).

I used a hanger and more string to complete the mobile.  Maybe I'll look for a better looking device at the craft store sometime, but for now it will work.
Now the only problem is it's currently hanging off of Noelle's light which is in the middle of her room (and hard for her to admire in her crib).  I'll have to pick up one of those ceiling hooks this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!