Friday, May 13, 2011

99...100!

Apparently this is my 100th post.  Nice.  To celebrate here is some good news on this Friday the 13th:
-Corey finished his last final!
-Corey is finished with his first year of law school!
-Corey is 1/3rd done with school!
-We have visitors in route!
-We got a genuine Slurpee today! (Surprisingly there aren't too many 7-Eleven's in town, other slushes in town aren't as tasty.)
-We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate end of finals with some classmates!

Corey was off studying late the past few nights so I decided to get a few projects done once Noelle went to sleep.  This is one of the things I made--kind of random but it's very functional.  I wanted something to hold clothespins while I hung up the laundry that I could slide along the line.  My wire job is awful but hey, whatever works.

And since I haven't given a thrift find update recently here's some new stuff: 
Seriously Tucson is a thrift/antique store gold mine.  There's one or the other or both on nearly every street.  If my sisters ever come to visit I've got some places to take them, ha.  There's one antique store that's roughly the size of a grocery store.  Anyway... I got a nice chippy chair for my sewing desk.  I might refinish it some time, who knows.  The seat is really short, which works out great for me because I always sew on the edge of my seat.  Now I can still sew on the edge of my seat but I have some kind of back rest too. 

I have been wanting a chest for a months and found a sweet one for 10 bucks.  It still had tags on it from it's last trip--looked like Hong Kong.  We have all these wires on one wall that Noelle loved to play with that I wanted covered up.  Now the chest is there covering the ugly wires and holding some blankets. Corey thinks I'm nuts but I'm deeply considering adding feet to it someday and making it a short side table-ish thing.  I saw the idea somewhere online and it was kind of sweet, not going to lie.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice weekend!  Based on the heat outside I'm guessing Utah is delightful right now.  Enjoy.



3 comments:

  1. GASP of ADMIRATION! That chest was a steal it looks really cool! Hahaha I even love the idea of putting some legs on it! Gosh, Tracey and I need to come down for a visit soon >> Maybe I can convince the parentals that it is time for a road trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have loved the place I bought it at. Kind of dumpy looking and they hadn't priced half the stuff yet so this dude was like this one is nice I'd let you have it for $20, and that one is less nice so I'll give it to you for $10.

    DO IT! We'd love to have you down anytime, but it's ok if you can't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love functional crafts. I laughed when I saw the Kewpie doll. One of my best friends had that as her High School mascot...not very intimidating. Have fun with those visitors in route!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!