Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ho Finito!

Translation, "I've Finished!"


Please don't go back to see when I posted that I was starting work on Noelle's quilt binding.  I don't want to know.


Overall I think the quilt turned out nice.  I wanted to make a fun little blanket that Noelle wouldn't think it was too "baby" when she was 3 or 4 years old, and hopefully will like for much longer.

I'm going to give it to her for her birthday (shh, don't tell ok?), but she probably won't use it much until next winter.  Maybe I will put it on her "big girl" bed (when does one get a "big girl" bed anyway?  18 months, 2 years old?  I should figure that out).

Noelle is still having fun getting into whatever she can find.  She sometimes gets herself into a pickle because when she's scooting around she is exactly the right height to get under the coffee table, but if she pushes up on her elbows she is too tall and will bonk her head on the overhang if she tries to get out.  Tricky coffee tables.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, that quilt is beautiful. I am impressed that you hand sew the binding. That must have taken quite awhile. I also LOVE the colors. It's girly, without being in-your-face girly. I bet she will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!