Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July

Happy 4th of July weekend!  
We are keeping things pretty low key this year.  Due to the few months of no rain (I think it was somewhere around 75 days in a row) the use of fireworks in our area is banned.  Funny enough you can still buy them--I don't know about you but staring at a pack of sparklers isn't near as fun as lighting one.


I've been wanting to make some patriotic decorations for a while but just haven't gotten around to it.  I saw this fun idea yesterday and decided to make it whilst watching a movie last night.  Someday I'll get around to making my 50 state quarters project-when I do it will be sweet.

In other news my garden is about done for the season.  Due to the few weeks of 105+, a few days of 110+, and one missed watering day everything is near dead--with the exception of a tomato plant.  I'll miss the fresh tomatoes, they've been so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!