Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Details

We had another nice weekend.  We had some friends over for a game and treats last night, which is always fun.

Noelle is getting better and better at letting me put in pigtails (or perhaps I'm just getting better at putting pigtails on a moving target, ha ha).  Her baby goes away when I put them in, she looks like a little girly-girl.

I wore my new dress to church and got compliments on it.  It's a bit different from what I normally wear, and I was semi-proud that no one asked if I made it.  I started with a pattern but changed it a bit (collar, sleeves, etc).
This afternoon I decided to make candied grapefruit peel.  I love grapefruit.  It's pretty time intensive for what you get out of it, but it was still fun and my kitchen smells good.  I cooked it a few minutes too long so the sugar crystallized, but it's still good.








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is a cute dress. Is that "shirring" around the waist? I've wanted to try it, but it seems difficult. Got any good tips?

    Also, Noelle has some of the cutest cheeks I have ever seen. Love the pigtails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is shirring. It's really easy! You need elastic thread for the bobbin (tip-hand wind it, don't use your machine to wind, it gets too tight). Then just sew as usual for as many lines as you want. The first one or two don't look to tight, but as you sew more it will gather more. Try to keep the fabric straight when you are sewing subsequent rows (it will want to bunch a little). After you are done spray or use steam and iron it quickly and the elastic will scrunch more.

    Thanks :) She is adorable in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!