Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Recent Crafts

Time has flown since our Utah Christmas trip.  I haven't quite gotten back into the swing of sewing up a storm just yet.  Mainly due to my inability to decide what to sew next.

I mentioned while my mom was in town we made some sweater mittens.  Here is a picture of one of them.  Each one is slightly different.  My sister Tracey got a pair and said she is never taking them off.  They are seriously the warmest gloves I've ever tried on.  I used a pattern I found online (as usual) and they turned out well.  

I've slowly been spending some of my birthday money.  Partially due to the fact that I went to the mall and could hardly find anything to buy.  That must mean I'm old, ha.


There are a ton of thrift stores around where we live and I sometimes go with Noelle and browse.  While I was checking out the lady in front of me had a cart full of what seemed like junk.  So when I got home I was telling Corey, "It's nuts, there are so many people at thrift stores that buy absolute junk".  He had a funny look on his face and I asked, "Are you thinking about how the rusty box I just bought is junk?".  And he was.  Anyway, maybe you had to be there.  It was funny. 


Here's the before and after shots.  It looked worse in real life.  After a coat of spray paint I thought it looked pretty sweet.  I just need to get some file folders to stick in there to organize my recipes.

With my birthday money I also bought some beesewax.  I know, random.  I wanted to make some candles, so using some old jars I had around and some store bought wicks I made these.  I also just got that beehive cookie jar at the thrift store whilst looking for a cheap pot to melt wax in (so I wouldn't ruin mine).


Corey let me know that if he were me and got what I bought myself for his birthday he'd feel ripped off.  Funny.  I'm happy with what I bought, although it is a random mix of things.  I also bought a little linoleum block carving kit and I am working on a little design for fun.  If it turns out cute I might stamp some kitchen towels or something.

1 comment:

  1. I love the before and after of the box. If you were able to make that beautiful blue box out of your "junk", it makes me wonder what the others did with their "junk".

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!