Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hedgehog

Sorry Karen, not that hedgehog. 


To everyone else not in the know, while Karen and Larry were visiting Karen and I drafted a little hedgehog toy and started making it.  We were half way done when they left.  A day or two after they left I started working on it again...and then got stumped.  Maybe we should have made it a few inches longer?  I still have everything so I will fiddle with it some more.


Needless to say I've had a hedgehog toy on my mind and decided to try a different version.  Here's what I came up with: 
I wanted it to have ruffles (the one we were making had raw-edge ruffles down the back), and I used the same nose/eye patch that we made up, since they turned out so well.  I decided to paint on the face to make it easy, and added a little smile just for fun.  It's not perfect, but I thought it turned out cute.  
I haven't sewn up the opening just yet.  I'm trying to decide whether I should stuff something crinkly-sounding in it (like pop-tart wrappers work well I've heard), like other baby toys have.  Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!